North Valley Democratic Club
Serving the entire San Fernando Valley, CA
We now meet on the third Thursday each month at Sizzler on Devonshire at Mason—room opens at 6 pm for socializing and dinner, 7 pm to 9 pm for the meeting.
We usually hear from elected officials and Democratic candidates, discuss the issues of the day, make endorsements, and work to get our candidates elected.
Contact us at 818-921-NVDC (6832) or email@example.com for information.
- Richard Mathews
- Vice President
- Lysa Simon
- Pauline Posner
- Cecile Bendavid
Sign up for our monthly mailing list (plus occasional special notices). We provide notices of meetings and of events in our area.
Download our Bylaws (pdf)
and Rules (pdf)
Working to elect Democrats in and around the San Fernando Valley since 1970
We now meet on the third Thursday each month.
The room opens at 6 pm for socializing and ordering dinner, 7 pm to 9 pm for the meeting.
20557 Devonshire St.
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Endorsements for 2018 (part 1 of 3)
Here is a convenient printable version of our endorsement list.
- Lieutenant Governor
- Secretary of State
- Attorney General
- Insurance Commissioner
- Board of Equalization District 1
- Board of Equalization District 3
- U.S. Senate
- No consensus / no position
- House of Representatives District 25
- House of Representatives District 28
- House of Representatives District 30
- House of Representatives District 29
Endorsements for 2018 (part 2 of 3)
- STATE SENATOR
- MEMBER OF THE STATE ASSEMBLY
- Assembly District 38
- Assembly District 39
- Assembly District 43
- Assembly District 45
- Assembly District 46
- Judicial Office 4
- Judicial Office 16
- Judicial Office 60
- Judicial Office 113
- Superintendent of Public Instruction
Endorsements for 2018 (part 3 of 3)
- Santa Clarita City Council
- VOTE FOR THREE
- Brett Haddock
- Logan Smith
- Diane Trautman
- MEASURES SUBMITTED TO THE VOTERS
- Yes on 1: Housing Bonds
- Yes on 2: Bonds for mental health housing
- No on 3: Water Bonds
- Yes on 4: Bonds for Children's hospitals
- No on 5: Property tax assessment carryover
- No on 6: Blocking gas/vehicle taxes
- Yes on 7: Daylight Savings Time
- Yes on 8: Dialysis Regulation
- (Prop 9 was removed from the ballot)
- Yes on 10: Allow rent control
- No on 11: Ambulance Workers
- Yes on 12: Farm Animals
- Yes on W: Storm Water
- Yes on B: Allow creation of public bank
- Yes on E: Election dates
- Yes on EE: Election dates
We started in 1970 as the Chatsworth Democratic Club. Then we became the North Valley Democratic Club. While we keep the North Valley name, we now serve the entire San Fernando Valley including
Chatsworth Lake Manor,
Lake View Terrace,
Our job is to elect Democrats, and elections go by districts. Because we share districts with areas such as Simi Valley and Santa Clarita, we work in those areas and coordinate with clubs there. Many of our members are from adjacent areas on all sides of the Valley.
Locations of our Members
click to expand
We are all over the Valley and far beyond.